The tea cultivation in this estate commenced in the year of 1919. There are approximately 11 natural springs in the estate. Flora & Fauna is enlightened to grow in the bank of the water ways for the prevention of the pollution. There are 02 natural water ponds at Glentaffe division of this estate. This property was belonging to one Mr. Piyasiri Rathnayake and this estate was managed by Mr. D.G.D. Yapa the Superintended from 1956 to 1973. The estate is close to the A7 Hatton – Colombo high ways.
Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
The Ethical Tea Partnership (ETP)
Sri Lanka Standards Institution (SLSI) Certification