Henfold Estate situated in the cool climes of Nuwara Eliya district is one of the largest estates in the region. The estate itself was established around 1868.A mere 40 Minutes from Nuwara Eliya Town. The cultivation commenced in the year 1940. Few British planters who were there in this estate are namely Aubrey Simson Pipon Parmistor Esqr, Thomas Jackson Esqr, Geofray Hartley Moore Esqr and Hector Alfred Rode Esqr. The original Factory was situated in Caledonia,now a division of the estate but due to the inability to accommodate the increasing of leaf the factory was demolished The present factory being 42,075 Square Feet in size was built in 1901 in the Henfold Division, and situated 1280 meters above sea level .
The Ethical Tea Partnership (ETP)